Walhalla Presbyterian Church
Affirming Christ as Head of the Church, we as members of Walhalla Presbyterian Church (PCUSA) are called to be faithful Christians, children of God, as members of the Body of Christ. We seek to better know, love, and serve God--Father, Son, and Holy Spirit--and to help other people do the same.
We, the people of WPC and WUC, articulate our core religious beliefs as follows:
1. We affirm and believe the Nicene Creed as a brief creedal summary of our faith.
2. We believe and affirm that the Old and New Testaments are God’s inspired word and consequently our highest authority in faith and in life (2 Tim. 3.16-17; 2 Ptr. 1.20-21).
3. We believe and affirm that Jesus is uniquely Savior and Lord (Jn. 14.6-10), and that God will have mercy on whom God has mercy (Rom. 9.15-16).
4. We affirm and believe that we are saved by grace through faith and apart from works (Eph. 2.8-10). We also affirm and believe that faith without works is dead (Jas. 2.17) because God’s grace also transforms us, energizes us, empowers us, and moves us to joyfully obey and serve God (Phil. 2.13; 1 Cor. 15.10).
5. We affirm and believe that God calls all of God’s people to holiness in all areas of life and to live in life-long spiritual growth and life-long repentance from all things that the Old or New Testaments describe as being outside the will of God (1 Ptr. 1.15-19; 1 Cor. 6.9-11; Col. 3.5-17; Eph. 4.17-24).
6. We affirm and believe that marriage is, and should be honored as, a government sanctioned civil contract between any two people. We also affirm and believe that when a man of Christian faith and woman of Christian faith enter into the government sanctioned civil contract, they also prayerfully enter into a new way of life that is created, ordered, and blessed by God (Gen. 2.18-25).
7. We affirm and believe every person—regardless of race, nationality, gender, preferences, lifestyle, income, etc.—must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity (Lev. 19.34; Mt. 7.12, 22.37-40).
8. We affirm and believe someday Jesus will return in power and glory and that he will judge all persons. We affirm and believe that until Jesus returns, the Holy Spirit will continue to empower and to transform God’s children in order that we can participate in the ongoing ministry of Jesus and be conformed increasingly into the likeness of his perfected, glorified humanity. In view of the coming Judgment, in gratitude for God’s love, God’s goodness, and God’s saving work, and because we love God—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit—we diligently seek abide in Jesus and to live lives that are pleasing in God’s sight (Mt. 16.27; 2 Cor. 5.6-10; 1 Cor. 12; Gal. 5; Phil. 3.20-21; Rom. 8.29-30;
1 Jn. 4.19; 2. Gal. 2.20; Jn. 15.1-12, 14.15).
1. Proclaim Jesus as the Son of God to all nations. (Matthew 28:19)
2. Baptize all those who believe. (Matthew 28:19)
3. Be transformed by the renewing of our minds so that we may discern the will of God. (Romans 12:2)
4. Love and keep His commandments, praying, praising, and reflecting God's Word in all we do.
5. Be God's servants to His congregation, community, and the world at large.
6. Teach freely God's Word in the Walhalla community and beyond to all who are thirsty and to all who will come. (Matthew 28:20, Revelation 22:17)
7. Do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with Him. (Micah 6:8)
Click here for WPC/WUC Historical Information.
Make a joyful noise
Perform with our choir.
We need volunteers for various church committees. Contact the pastor, church secretary, or church elder if interested.
Behind the scenes
Many opportunities exist for helpers. Contact our church secretary if you are interested.
We embrace God's vision for all people to be in the right relationship with Him, to share His wisdom, and to live with Him forever, according to His eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus, our Lord.